Monday 26 May 2014

Winter is Coming

Well if you are in the southern hemisphere winter has already begun, but I love Game of Thrones so I couldn't resist! I have to admit that as wonderful as summer is there's nothing better than a sunny winter's day. And one thing I love about the cooler months is the opportunity to really experiment with what you wear. Layer upon layer can be worn and you can accessorise as much as you feel. But my all time favourite style moment of winter is the coat, or jacket depending on the weather and how you feel. I love all kinds of coats from cropped to floor length, but my earliest memory of a coat is my mum's fabulous 80s woollen, multicoloured, shoulder padded, ankle grazing jacket that I used to hide under as a child. Unsurprisingly (if you know my mum) she still has it and it is in amazing condition. I actually tried it on the other day and even though my mum and I are the same height and size it did not look good on me...I looked like a child trying on its mothers clothing...funny that!

Now that winter has hit I am looking for my own classic coat. The range is amazing and confusing. I've had many coats and jackets in my time but none that have stood the test of time. Although it doesn't help that my tastes change with my mood. With that in mind I have collected a few inspirations of some coats I would love to get my paws on!





















I hope you enjoyed my coat round-up and are now inspired for the colder months!

See you next time!

xx

Original links can be found on my Pinterest page.

Update: Where has winter gone? It's been 20 degrees every day haha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment