Tuesday 7 May 2013

Silver Lining

My life has been a little crazy the past few weeks, I've discovered a lot about myself, about people and what's important. I think in life most of us, myself included, spend too much time trying to make everyone around us happy and don't consider our own happiness, which is the most important thing. At the end of the day all we have are ourselves and if we don't spend time making ourselves happy no one will do it for us. For me fashion and creativity make me happy and so that is now what I am focusing on. And I hope that reading this makes you stop and think about what makes you happy. As Shakespeare wrote 'To thine own self be true'.

This is also what makes me happy ;)

And on that note I am so happy to bring you a new shoot that I did yesterday. I was racking my brains trying to think of a theme for my next post when I was inspired by my beautiful bff. As you know my birthday was last month and I received some fantastic gifts from friends and family. So in the next few weeks I will be creating shoots centred on these gifts, well the clothing and accessories  My sister in-law to be gave me a gift voucher for ASOS and I bought some amazing things that I am super excited to show you. And of course my bff CJ bought be a gorgeous necklace which is the focus of todays post.


Shirt: Borrowed from the boy
Trousers: Target
Shoes: Siren (copy of Balmain 2009)
Ring: Vintage
Lipstick: Rimmel, Starry-eyed
Inspiration: Necklace and Karla Deras

I don't know why but I am just obsessed with these plum coloured
 lipsticks at the moment! It must be the autumn chill in the air.




xx

2 comments:

  1. Loving the style! Very classic-edgy-chic. Necklace looks stunning! Perfect-o. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe those pants are from Target, they look great! And love the necklace... good choice CJ ;)

    ReplyDelete